Mandatory DIVE MEETING (on Wednesday for dive athletes)
IMPORTANT DIVE SPECIFIC PRACTICE INFORMATION for athletes participating in Diving
(DUAL SPORTS ARE APPROVED)
Practices are as follows:
Location: Queen Anne Pool, 1920 1st Ave W, Seattle, WA 98119
Practice Days: (subject to change)
Wednesdays from 2:45 pm – 4:00 pm
Saturdays from 8:45 am -11:00 am
METRO DIVE Coach:
Ed Artis, firstname.lastname@example.org
HNA Captain – Lauren Salerno
Metro Captain – Maya Hegde
February 24th, outside Queen Anne Pool, 2:45 pm to 3:00 pm (if only a few divers show up total, Coach Ed will have you dive, so be prepared. Some may also be told they cannot dive that day if there are too many).
This meeting is mandatory and will determine how many divers we have from each school and how to schedule diving practices moving forward.
At the time of the meeting, the team may decide to use the Heja app for all Metro divers. HNA athletes should have already loaded the Heja app for SWIVE. See link below:
DIVE CALENDAR (subject to change):
|WEEK||EVENT - LOCATION||WEDNESDAY PRACTICE||SATURDAY PRACTICES|
|February 22 – 27||Practice – Queen Anne Pool||2:45 pm – 4:00 pm||8:45 am – 11 am|
|March 1 – 6||Practice – Queen Anne Pool||2:45 pm – 4:00 pm||8:45 am – 11 am|
|March 8 – 12||Practice – Queen Anne Pool||2:45 pm – 4:00 pm||8:45 am – 11 am|
|March 15 - 19||Practice – Queen Anne Pool||2:45 pm – 4:00 pm||8:45 am – 11 am|
|Saturday, March 20||Dive Meet @ SP Pool *|
|March 22 - 27||Practice – Queen Anne Pool||2:45 pm – 4:00 pm||8:45 am – 11 am|
|March 29 – April 3||Practice – Queen Anne Pool||2:45 pm – 4:00 pm||8:45 am – 11 am|
|April 5 – 9||Practice – Queen Anne Pool||2:45 pm – 4:00 pm||8:45 am – 11 am|
|Saturday, April 10||Dive Meet @ SP Pool *|
* Dive Meet: As many divers who would like to compete would come to the same pool. Only the coaches, divers, and judges would be in the pool area. Coaches, divers, and judges cannot exceed 50 people. A few Metro swim coaches will be asked to be judges. Depending on the number of divers, each diver could attempt three to six dives. Scores would be posted in the same manner as the time trials for swimmers. Depending on the number of divers, awards will be given for top finishers and biggest improvement.
SwimTopia - Please, register on SwimTopia (athlete, and any guardians). The link is Home - Holy Names Academy Swimming (swimtopia.com)
Heja App - Please download the Heja Sports Scheduling app if you are an athlete so you can sign up for practices. Parents may sign up as well.
COVID-19 PROCEDURES for HNA:
Upon entering the facility, follow all Queen Anne rules.
- HNA athletes must show her check mark to either the coach or the captains upon entering.
- Wear a mask at all times when not in the water.
- Bring your own shammy; do not share.
- Keep talking to a minimum as you are at an indoor facility run by the City.
- Maintain social distancing at all times whether in the water or on deck.
- Keep your mask in a ziplock in an easy access location. Recommend keeping it with your shammy. You can clip it to your shammy and just throw it in before your dive like you do with your shammys.
- Be respectful of the lifeguards and follow all rules.
- If you can change at the school beforehand that would be best. We have been told the locker rooms will be locked. I believe there is a handicap bathroom that may be open for bathroom emergencies, but I am not certain of this.
Follow Queen Anne’s emergency action plan and familiarize yourself with it. If they do not have an EAC for COVID-19, follow HNA’s plans sent out last week and modify for an indoor facility.
- Maya H.
- Lauren S.
- Mela H.
- Leyla C.
- Noelle P.
- Sarah K.
- Ciera M.